Monday, August 27, 2007

Okay.
Okay.
I know how stupidly lucky I am, but I'm also allergic to almost every simple pleasure. Leaves, flowers, kitties, apples, pears, plums, cherries, bananas, avocados, raw carrots and broccoli, sugar snap peas, ice cream, plain milk.... I guess horse flies aren't a simple peasure but horses are, and God help me if I meet another horse fly, so I imagine I won't be riding ponies again any time soon.

Tonight sleep wasn't coming easily (as most Sunday nights go) so I climbed out of bed, ate a peach (cut up into bite sized pieces of course, so as to avoid it touching the skin on my face) and woke up everyone in the house with my sneezing. And now I've got no choice but to sit here in the dark for the next hour, trying not to claw my eyes out. It itches. So. Bad.

The peach wasn't even that good. Surprising for its size.

Maybe I'd trade one blessing to get rid of my allergies. Let me sleep on which one it'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment