Thursday, April 3, 2008

Well how about that? For months there's been a billboard off I-94, facing Presidential Towers (where Oprah is rumored to live) with the message "Oprah, please do a show on puppy mills. The animals need you." The plea is accented by a picture of a sad lookinng Pomeranian. I've giggled at it, but I have to admire their creativity and, well, balls.

Today I recieved the following email from the Humane Society:

Dear Andrea,

I invite you to watch an extraordinary hour of television tomorrow (Friday, April 4): "The Oprah Winfrey Show" is scheduled to air a special episode highlighting the cruel realities of puppy mills.

Millions of "Oprah" show viewers will be shocked when they learn of the underhanded tactics and deplorable practices used to mass produce purebred puppies and designer dogs, as seen in an investigative report by Lisa Ling. Animal lovers nationwide will also see what impact these “factories” have on pet overpopulation.


Again, all I can say is - well how about that?! I feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment