Monday, July 30, 2007

ain'tnobodygonnabreakamystride

Well poop. All that preparation and she didn't show. Ah but yes, I know, important people such as her have busy schedules. Another time.

Instead we had a quiet weekend. Uneventful. Saw fake Don Cab. Saw some friends. Took some naps.
____________________________

In other news, I just asked for my first raise in my life. Not that I haven't received raises, but I've never asked for one. And oh it was a whopper I just asked for. And oh was it ever uncomfortable. I'll keep you posted, of course, as to what shakes out. Around these parts it could likely take a few months to even see a response.

Truth: One of the big reasons women still don't make as much money as men is that we've learned that self-promotion is bad. Unladylike, for sure. Right now I feel like I just traipsed across all the desks here, shaking my ass & singing the vocal parts the women sang in the studio on Rock of Love. Or worse. Although I swear I put it more eloquently.

Fingers crossed.




Now I need to go work like I deserve the raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment