Thursday, July 12, 2007

I am not making enough things

And this is perceived to be a problem. By me.

Perhaps, in that sense, it's a good thing that my computer is slow moving, overloaded and crotchety. Maybe this inhibits me from spending hours on end playing with it at night. Or perhaps it just slows me down. Limits my productivity.

Anne and I talked tonight about feeling overwhelmed and caught up in the web of obligations. Resenting full calendars and taking it out on technology and estrogen and our innocently bystanding dudes.... and then we wondered, "What happens when we're moms?" When our time is never our own.

And for a minute we felt sorry for ourselves.

But the truth is, the more you do, the more you can do.

Maybe this is why I'm not doing enough. Because, duh, I'm not doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment