Tuesday, February 4, 2014

37.8 weeks

Now we start counting fractions of weeks again.

I feel off today. Not contented. Irritable. That feeling like my teeth itch. I don't know how else to explain it.  Everything is irritating to me.  

This morning we had an inconclusive, not very informative (with regard to progress) doctor's appointment.  I don't understand why they insist on doing cervical checks if the results are completely suggestive and one doctor can contradict a previous doctor's observations.

I just don't know.  I do terribly with uncertainty.

And I don't know when this baby is coming. On Sunday I thought for sure it was just a matter of days. But today he feels much further away.  I do know that he's heavy and he's sitting on my pelvis and bladder and everything is uncomfortable. I do know that I have more than the average amount of "practice contractions" and they're getting kind of old. I do know that my work projects aren't quite ready to be shut down, and so I guess I'm grateful for the extra time.

But the fact is that I'm physically tired, and that affects how I feel about everything.  And the people I'm working with on work stuff seem to be particularly ditzy and incompetent and are all lacking a sense of urgency, and I don't have time for that.

And there are fruit flies in our house for some reason that are making me want to scream.  I can't work from home if we have fruit flies.

And I'm feeling weepy about Fannie, who at this time 3 years ago was so sick.  She passed away on the 11th. I will be happy to soon have something else to associate Februaries with.

Ok enough bitching. I need to get back to work. Whah.

No comments:

Post a Comment